Prev: Campaign Advice Next: Re: Starship! and FT, from the author

Re: Gencon UK 2000 Results

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 18:45:56 +0100
Subject: Re: Gencon UK 2000 Results

In message <200009071817.UAA01905@d1o902.telia.com>
	  "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> wrote:

> Charles Stanley Taylor wrote:

[snip]

> >Err.. make that "a pile of assorted blobby things that could make 2-3
> >fleets" -
>
> A combination of Space Fleet Tyranids and ICE Hatchlings IIRC - not
> sure if the Phalons were painted? The ones that went onto the table
> looked OK to me, anyway :-) And, of course, we could've "forced"
people
> to use Phalon or KV fleets to save up on models... for example, I had
> enough KV models for two KV tournament fleets (as long as at least one
> of them was the BDN one), and that's not counting the Kimbere
> (blue/white) fleet.

All of the figures I brough with me were painted - the phalon and night
brood ships were borrowed from a friend - and were painted purple
(which, coincidentally, matched my tayranid squid-thingy).

> >I should have more (and better ships) by next year, I managed
> >to find a pile of old CMD "Future Wars" figures on one of the trade
> >stands - including a lot that would make KV cruisers (how long ago
> >_was_ CMD?) - plus a handful of SFB and B5W ships.
>
> The KV ground vehicles, yes... I bought ten blisters of those as well
> for use in my KV bitz box :-)

So _thats_ where the rest of them went to...
One thing I noticed - the turrets on some of them look like they are the
same mouldings as the third gun on a Ko'Tek. (Has anyone noticed that
the Ko'Tek appears to be carrying a Lu'Dak on top of it? - probably -
some of the KV 'tanks' have what looks like KV fighters on top of them
as well - methinks a 'dark secret' of CMD figure construction comes
to light :-).

> Later,
>
> Oerjan Ohlson
> oerjan.ohlson@telia.com
>
> "Life is like a sewer.
>   What you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
> - Hen3ry

Charles

--

Prev: Campaign Advice Next: Re: Starship! and FT, from the author