Prev: Re: [GZG Background]Life Imitates Art Next: Re: Starship! and FT, from the author

Re: [FT] New way of moving ships

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 08:19:08 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] New way of moving ships

On Fri, 08 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Corey Burger wrote:
> > In our gaming group, we tend to ignore the "can only turn a certain
> > number of degrees rule", as when I want to turn 45 degrees, I am
going to
> > turn 45 degrees dammit, not 60 cause that is too much and not 30
cause
> > that is two little. To me at least, the confining of players to only
> > certain compass points is artificial and unnecessary on a free form
move
> > table.
>
> This should be re-written a bit: Corey's the only one I know of who
> ignores the clockface method of movement. I use it, and as far as I
know
> the rest of our group still does...

I've done rotations using the sides of the hex base as guides for
ages, but don't stick to 30 degree movement. As Corey does, I'll
face any direction I want. No-one's ever complained.

It never even occurred to me that movement might be restricted
to 12 directions until it was pointed out to me on this list a
year or so ago.

--
Be seeing you,		 --- Roleplaying and Wargaming -----------------
Sam.			 http://www.bifrost.demon.co.uk/games/index.html

Prev: Re: [GZG Background]Life Imitates Art Next: Re: Starship! and FT, from the author