Prev: First CanAm Next: Re: [FT] [OT?] Has anyone considered...

Re: Starship! and FT, from the author

From: aebrain@d...
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 23:30:52 GMT
Subject: Re: Starship! and FT, from the author

>>And I don't see any chapter anywhere on creating your own race, with
>>its own special abilities and unique weapons.
>
>You mean that *you* have provided detailed rules for how the players
>are supposed to invent their own house rules - or are you saying that
>you have provided such detailed rules that they players "won't need to"
>invent their own house rules?

>From e-mail from him, he's provided a weapon design system, much as FT
has a
ship design system. Essentially, he has provided detailed meta-rules on
how
to generate rules, within limits.

This is a really difficult thing to do successfully. I congratulate him
on the
attempt, and will be willing to part with $$ to see how well it works.
While
not expecting it to be terribly successfull. But it would be nice to be
wrong,
and such a thing is not unknbown.

Prev: First CanAm Next: Re: [FT] [OT?] Has anyone considered...