Prev: Re: JUMP Next: Re: [FT] Starship! was [FT] arcs in vector

Re: [FT] arcs in vector

From: Glenn m wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 16:07:33 EDT
Subject: Re: [FT] arcs in vector

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000 18:50:07 -0400 "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
writes:
>> >Anyway, what makes you think FT'ers compehend in three
>dimensions?
>> >;->=
>>

>> Hmmm, since I haven't read the rules, how do handle 'altitude'
>if not in
>> 3D?
>
>Ignore it and it goes away.
>
>This actually works reasonably well--since altitude is not
>significant in open space the way it is in atmosphere.  No
>difference between climbing, diving, and turning; no worries
>about running into the ground or your aircraft's ceiling; if your
>vessel loses power, you don't (usually) have to worry about
>crashing.
>
>There are some places where it causes problems but those are
>usually the operational scale.  On the tactical scale, the extra
>realism of 3D isn't worth the aggravation of setting to rods and
>adjustable-altitude trays, figuring out 3D movement, etc. YMMV,
>of course.

Maybe I wil have to look at the FT rules (like I need another
scale/genre
of figures to start buying... ) <grin>

Gracias, Triphibious/Glenn
Triphibious Marines = Nektons.
Not all Frogs are French, or even Human!
Nektons, be all the Marine you can be!
Resistance is EVERYTHING!

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: JUMP Next: Re: [FT] Starship! was [FT] arcs in vector