Prev: Re: DragonFlight 2000 Next: RE: DS 2 and multiple system turret question

DS 2 and multiple system turret question

From: Glenn m wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2000 09:27:20 EDT
Subject: DS 2 and multiple system turret question

Okay, another odd thought about Dirtside 2 weapon design.

Namely, the multiple system turret.

Let's talk GMS's for a minute.	On page 11 in the special note it says:

"...thus even if it has multiple weapons, one Fire Control system will
cover them all.  Multiple GMS Launchers, however, DO have multiple
guidance systems as these are integral to the Launchers..."

Hence I do not believe you can design a 'turret' bracketed by multiple
(2-3+) GMS Launch packages and then claim a gun in the same turret is a
'secondary'.  I have a design I probably will field (even if I have to
scratch build the sucker) that is a size 2 Interface Landing Assault
Gun/ATM to help take and hold Starports, etc., with the grunts.

Size 2
Armor 2
CFE
GMS/H (the ATM role usually used in defense positions but if the attack
finds an AFV...) - 4 points
DFFG/2 (6 points in the turret.)

Alternate: Use a FPG and an MDC/2 as a more costly option

Yes, I know there is no PDS - it's a conscious choice in a trade off.

I have been told  (by a non-DS2 gamer) who somewhat understands the
system,  that I should put the GMS on the turret as a 'primary'
(visualize the Sherman Calliope mount as a model) and claim the DFFG as
'secondary',  thus allowing me to a) put a DFFG/3  instead as a
'secondary' (3x2 = 6) OR get a PDS/basic (2).  I think NOT as I
understand the rule.  What say ye?

Gracias, Triphibious/Glenn
Triphibious Marines = Nektons.
Not all Frogs are French, or even Human!
Nektons, be all the Marine you can be!
Resistance is EVERYTHING!

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: DragonFlight 2000 Next: RE: DS 2 and multiple system turret question