Prev: Re: [FT] DDs and DHs inspired by WW2 types Next: A real Virus Warning--for once

Re: Re:[FT] Quick Reference Sheet for Newbies

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@d...>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 10:44:42 +1000
Subject: Re: Re:[FT] Quick Reference Sheet for Newbies

From: <Aron_Clark@digidesign.com>
> I've been working on a FT reference sheet for new players.  Basically
it's
> table showing the icons of each system, their names, and a brief
outline
of the
> associated rules.  I should have it finished this weekend and posted
to my
site
> early next week.  I'll keep the list informed.

Thanks.

Remember that
a) It should have enough for a complete newbie to play the game, which
means
many diagrams and examples.
b) It should only have enough to whet the appetite - mention some of the
non-basic
systems, but don't give stats for em. That way, the sales of FT will
increase, not
decrease.

It might be a very good idea for a copy of this QR sheet to be included
in
FT3.
One of the good things GW does with their games is to give a 2-page
quick
example of play to get newbies hooked. This could be expanded to give
both
the basic rules and an example, just for introducing new players.

Prev: Re: [FT] DDs and DHs inspired by WW2 types Next: A real Virus Warning--for once