Prev: Re: [DS] Force Organizations Next: Re: Defense of supposed gender bashingRe: [FT] Questions froma new Full Thrust player

Re: [FT] vector point balance

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:28:50 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] vector point balance

G'day Tom,

 >I don't mind the humans having more arcs, I just hate to see them pay
out of
 >proportion to the impact of the extra arcs (again, this is in vector
I'm
 >talking about).

As long as you're not mixing cinematic and vector movement in the one
game
I wouldn't worry (even if you were I probably wouldn't worry). The extra

arcs are important to the owning ships even in vector... I've seen the
KV
(and other 1-arc obcessed races) a hair out of arc quite a number of
times,
but out of arc is out of arc whether it's by 2 degrees or 180! Besides
first up I'd say IF the guys buying extra arcs are disadvantaged then
its
less than the 'granularity' of FT is concerned with anyway. Secondly
having
the extra arcs means you can also cope with more counter-tactics (less
chance flank attacks will catch you wrong footed for instance). I
wouldn't
sweat it Tom it all comes out in the wash.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au