Prev: Re: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player Next: [OT} Alderson Drive

Re: [FT] Decals

From: Kevin Walker <sage@b...>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 09:52:35 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Decals

on 8/30/00 9:21, Greg Wong at gregwong@best.com wrote:

> Has someone created decals of the insignia for the various powers
> in the Tuffley Universe?  How do you apply decals to the bumpy
> surface of GZG minis?

At one time someone on the list spoke of making such decals.  I believe
KR
of Geo-Hex may have looked into this (he's on the list).

Applying such decals to a bumpy surface can be tricky.	I suggest
checking
with your local hobby store that caters to plastic modelers.  There's a
line
of good decal specialty chemicals out there and part of the line
includes
Micro-Sol and Micro-Set.  One or more of these items helps to dissolve
the
decal a bit when it's applied to the surface of the miniatures, causing
it
to conform a bit to the irregular surface.  If there are deep grooves
you
want the decal to conform to take a brand new knife blade (and I stress
that
it needs to be very sharp on the tip) and carefully slice the decal down
the
center of the area it's overhanging.

If you can take a look through some of the numerous plastic model
building
books/guides out there.  Some of them have a good amount of valuable
information about decal application and special considerations.

Kevin Walker
sage@bresnanlink.net

Prev: Re: [FT] Questions from a new Full Thrust player Next: [OT} Alderson Drive