Prev: Re: [OT] Secret torpedo test 'blew sub apart' [was Fw: High speed subs] Next: Re: [OT] Secret torpedo test 'blew sub apart' [was Fw: High speed subs]

Re: [OT] [gzg hist] UN Covert Ops

From: "Geoffery R" <geofferyr@h...>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:01:57 GMT
Subject: Re: [OT] [gzg hist] UN Covert Ops

Last night Here in Aust a show called 'Foreign Correspondent' did a
special
on 'Serra Lione'(?). It was discussing how despite having 13,000 UN
peace
keepers with more on the way the UN can't do what a company of South
African
Merc's hired through 'Executive outcomes' did back in 96. Before world
opinion and pressure forced them out. They also showed and interviewed
the
only Merc unit left opperating there (on the government side). A Mi24
helecopter gunship crew.

They also interviewed a british author who has written a book 'Deliver
us
from Evil' on the possible use of 'Security Companies' in certain
situations
as a cost effective way of doing what they obviously can't with the 3rd
world troups they have too use.

I doubt it will get anywhere but I won't go into chapter and verse as to
why
not. But it's food for thought.

Geoffery

http://profiles.msn.com.