Prev: Re: [FT] Mounting Fighters Next: Assembling Phalons?

Re: [SG] What do I use for 25mm starship deck?

From: devans@u...
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 12:02:48 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] What do I use for 25mm starship deck?

***
<< Plastic Mesh (used for yarn/needle craft) or plastic screen (Used for
roof
 Gutter covers) >>

What do you do with this?
***

In the case of the window screening, I made my game box basically like a
drawer, wooden bottom and sides, with a handle on the long side. The
screening was spray painted gray, the floor of the drawer-box painted
black, then the screening spray-adhesived to the floor. The lines of the
'squares' I then laid down with modeling putty (made a special plastic
channel tool) and hand-painted a matching gray after the putty set.

WAY too much work, but most people thought it looked pretty cool, and
the
Aliens board game is simple enough to have nine people having a good
time
in short order. Good con time filler.

 Also, the wall coverings were made from thin strips of bead styrofoam
match-sculpted and painted black. Dangerous (some weird Great Modeling
Mishaps close calls there) and too much work, again. I've plenty of
Sci-Fi
Supply walls and Kryomek resin pieces on hand for my next attempt!

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Re: [FT] Mounting Fighters Next: Assembling Phalons?