Prev: Re: Dodgy Arithmetic or bug? Next: Re: [SG] What do I use for 25mm starship deck?

Re: [SG] What do I use for 25mm starship deck?

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 20:25:28 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] What do I use for 25mm starship deck?

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000 14:08:16 EDT, JDoch226@aol.com wrote:

>I'm using Sci-Fi Supply's vacuformed walls and I've got several years
worth
>of junk accumulated for machinery, equipment, etc, put I'd like
something
>great looking for the deck.  Any suggestions?

The cheapest thing I can think of, if you want a metallic floor, is it
get
some sheet metal. Cheap tin or low grade steel. Be careful there are not
sharp
edges, and put that down as your surface. For that matter, you can buy
flat
pie sheets and such which will NOT be sharp and you can lay these down
as
"tiles". The neat thing about this is that they are reasonably cheap (as
game
supplies go).

If you want something with a different design, you could try modelling
floor
parts out of styrene sheets. You could cut out squares for your deck
plates
and glue them to a styrene base. Maybe put holes in the squares for
texture,
paint up, and you have deck plates.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: Re: Dodgy Arithmetic or bug? Next: Re: [SG] What do I use for 25mm starship deck?