Prev: Re: Stripping? Next: Re: Stripping?

Re: Stripping?

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 22:29:47 -0400
Subject: Re: Stripping?

At 09:23 PM 8/21/00 -0500, you wrote:
>At 03:03 PM 8/20/00 -0400, you wrote:
>>> What's Pine-Sol?
>>It's a pine oil fluid for cleaning.  It's quite strong and
>>very effective for removing paint.  I have tried several
>>methods and I prefer the Pine-Sol above all others.  For
>>metal figures only, of course.
>
>Nine out of ten list lurkers use Pine-Sol. :) Seriously, I've used it
per
>recommendations from this list some time back to clean some rather
>amateurishly painted old minis... worked like a champ. Even improved
the
>smell in the workroom. :)

As an additional bit of help, soaking the scrubbed miniatures in
"Polident
for Partials" -- which is meant to clean metal denture pieces -- helps
get
those last little bits of paint out of the nooks and crannys, AND gives
nice minty scent to the figure.  I can't remember who recommended this
originally, but it works nicely.

The other way of getting paint out of the crevices of a figure -- using
Water-Pik -- works even better, but is only recommended if you do it
outside and don't wear glasses.  Trust me.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: Stripping? Next: Re: Stripping?