Prev: [FT][DS][SG] FB transports? Next: RE: Sa'Vasku

RE: [FT][DS][SG] FB transports?

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:24:51 +1000
Subject: RE: [FT][DS][SG] FB transports?

Yep.  It was back around March? last year.  There was a slight
difference of
opinion, but the effective outcome was each mass if FT = 20-25 CS in
DS/SG.
A lot of the discussion was based on displacement as opposed to weight,
but
the math worked out.
The effective result is you can fit a size 5 vehicle in each mass (NB:
this
is cargo only, not a ready deployment bay).  This also fits with FT
fighters, allowing you to design your fighters & interface landers using
DS
for vertical integration.
If you don't want to spend time on the ground unloading or supplying
dropships, you'll need to spend the 1.5 x capacity for ready deployment
facilities.

The following is a mercenary company I worked out last year, using this
system.  As you can see, it's a decently sized force for the lift
capacity.
This includes cargo for the vehicles and accomodation for the infantry.

4 Assault Transports "Rust", "Paint", "Rock" & "Roll"

4 ZAD (size 4 GEV, Superior ZAD)
12 MBT (size 3 GEV, twin turret class 3 railguns)
12 heavy artillery vehicles (size 4 GEV, HAR, basic PDS)
21 scout cars (size 1 GEV, GMS/L)
18 APCs (size 2 GEV, Twin turret APSW, 8 troop spaces)
178 vehicle crewmen
144 infantry (d8 armour, advanced rifle w/- GL (FP:3, I:d10)

Neath Southern Skies -http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
[Pirates] Dame Captain Washalot
[NPJB] Absorbent Sponge Sheesh'Ka'Baab
[MKW2] Admiral Peter Rollins - Task Force Zulu-Beta

Bulk