Prev: RE: Sa'Vasku Next: [FT][DS][SG] FB transports?

Re: Drop Troop support vehicles - size 1

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 20:03:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Drop Troop support vehicles - size 1

My favorite Size 1 vehicles are Infantry Walkers. My PA battalion
assault
team has 1 plt of these per PA company, plus some more in the Batt.
support company. They can orbitally insert right alongside the powered
armour troops (the only vehicles that can, in stock DS2/SG2).

I call them the 'Ursus' (latin for bear) class. Standard is Size 1, Inf.
Walker Mob, FGP, Armour 1, DFFG/2 TU, 1x APSW, APFC, ENH ECM, Stealth 1,
Sig 1. (cant' recall the points cost. 80-90pts, I think.)

Ursus-M (Missle): as above, but with 1x GMS/H SUP instead of the DFFG.

One Standard & two Ms make up a line Ursus plt.

Ursus-S (Sniper): as Standard, but w/ 1x HEL/2 TU. Only found in the
battalion support coy, along with the Ursus-AA w/ LAD systems.

(Note that Walker turretted weapons aren't actually TU - they're spaced
like fixed mount, but have 180 degree front arcs & can fire after
movement. This is why I can fit Class 2 TU wpns on a Size 1 vehicle...)

They're fairly effective vehicles, providing vital heavy firepower to my
PA interface-assualt formations. They do tend to draw fire, though, for
two reasons: 1, my usual opponents have a fair amount of respect for
them,
and 2, they're often my only vehicles on-table, so they're something for
enemy armour to shoot at when the PA's out of range...

Now that I play FT too, I need to design the fighting transports that
cart
the Interface Assualt Battalion around...

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

Prev: RE: Sa'Vasku Next: [FT][DS][SG] FB transports?