Prev: Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games Next: RE: Sa'Vasku

RE: Sa'Vasku

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:27:17 +1000
Subject: RE: Sa'Vasku

G'day guys,

 >I have not heard back any playtests, but I like the idea of making the
 >stingers equivilent to Beams based on power. Power to equivlent Beam
is
 >2^(x-1) where x is the Beam Class number.

The problem is that the SV aren't built with that many stingers on board

(compared with human designs of about the same mass), so when they get
close range they lose over half the dice compared to any other beam
armed
race. Add to that the fact that depending on amount of energy given to
the
A pool and range etc etc its actually better to buy to 2 class 4 and 1
class 3 rather than 4 class 3 at range y. So if the SV weren't screaming
at
their lack of punch close in then everyone else is when the SV have just

spent half an hour determining exactly what the classes are the SDN is
going to fire to get maximum bite for its paltry punch. I'm not trying
sound harsh, I initially like the sound of the idea too it just doesn't
work at the coal face unfortunately.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games Next: RE: Sa'Vasku