Prev: Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games Next: Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games

Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games

From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@k...>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:18:33 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games

> Since my email yesterday, I've been going over some of the math in my
head.
> The submunition bomb design I've generally settled on would probably
be a
> mass 34 ship with a cloaking device, fragile hull, FTL, and MD 4 core
drive
> with modular sockets to fit whatever I felt like adding on for a
particular
> target.  Depending on the mission that the campaign required, I'd have
> relatively small stockpile of spare MKP's, submunitions, scatterguns,
fire
> control modules, and sublight drive modules waiting to get fitted to
them
> for a particular task.  For soap bubble carriers I'd probably stay
with MD 4,
> and fit six scatterguns, four FCs, and eight submunitions to each
bombship.
> That would be enough to fend off the fighter assault of three or four
soap
> bubbles' loads and present a high likelihood of killing at least four
soap
> bubbles per bombship, maybe as many as ten if the soap bubbles don't
scramble
> fast enough and I get a spare turn to fire submunitions against a new
set
> of four with scatterguns for backup.	This is just 48 points' worth of
> ammo; those soap bubbles cost 63 points each at barebones payload.
_Very_
> cost-effective.

Do you charge a points premium for reconfigurable ships ? In campaign
terms they
have to be more valuable, mass-for-mass, than an equivalent sized ship
of fixed
design.

[I haven't followed this thread too closely, so excuse me if I've got
the wrong end
of the stick].

Tony

Prev: Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games Next: Re: [FT\DS2] Fleet and Army sizes for games