Prev: RE: [OT] 15mm Samurai (was RE: Historic/fantasy conversions for S G2?) Next: RE: MT Missile Questions

RE: MT Missile Questions

From: "Jarrard, Jonathan (J.)" <jjarrard@f...>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 10:03:16 -0400
Subject: RE: MT Missile Questions

TU?  Is that the same as MU?  Actually, having MT missiles (we've been
calling them Drones) move more like fighters would make them a lot more
useful.  Even using full vector movement rules, drones that don't in the
first or second turn of endurance are almost never a threat in the
third.

We've been playing with the original rules, no FC requirement, separate
PDS
for each drone, and a 6 required to hit.

I was curious how people were handling the FC issue because of a design
that
recently made an appearance in one of our games (a very SHORT game) -- a
converted heavy freighter loaded with 74!!! drones hiding in an asteroid
field.	The NSL battleship squadron that had been sent to punish the
rebels
didn't fare so well.

Also, the question had been raised whether MT missiles could act as
stand-alone orbital defenses, perhaps taking their targeting information
from a separate space station.