Prev: Re: [FT] Things I cant figure Next: Re: [FT] Things I cant figure

FSE 18th Strikeboat Squadron

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 21:08:39 -0700
Subject: FSE 18th Strikeboat Squadron

A little pre-GenCon entertainment...

The 18th Strikeboat Squadron - Le Requins Tigre (Tigersharks) was
formed in 2178, several years after the adoption of the Requin Class
Strikeboat by L'Astromarine. It was one of the first non-provincial
squadrons, and something of an experiment to see if they could be
effectively employed outside the roll of system defence.

They were assigned to Bataillegruppe Cerberus, responsible for
enforcing the FSE's boarders, where they served as a mobile patrol
group for low threat areas. The Requin's complete reliance on
expendable munitions, however, was not well suited to a patrolling
role, so many were refitted with Class 1 Beam Pods, replacing some,
or in a few cases all,	of their submunitions packs.

If you're at GenCon, come and SEE them "in person." Hopefully someone
there will have a camera for the rest of you.

Schoon

Prev: Re: [FT] Things I cant figure Next: Re: [FT] Things I cant figure