Prev: RE: Those darned B1's Next: Re: [FT] MKW FLEET PBEM II: Players Wanted

Re: Those darned B1's

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:59:13 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Those darned B1's

--- Indy <kochte@stsci.edu> wrote:
> Galen Thies wrote:
> I'm really hoping that
> > some goofball has actually tried this and been
> handed their head.
>
> If you consider said 'goofball' to be John Leary,
> then yes.  ;-)  (although
> I didn't exactly 'hand him his head'). John and I
> ran against each other in
> a PBeM game to illustrate a portion of this
> argument, er, I mean, discussion.
> We each used a 220 Mass vessel. I used a modified
> 'Komarov' (replace fighter
> bay with another Class-4 battery - forward facing,
> of course :), and he had
> the mid-range porcupine: 220 Mass SDN bristling with
> Class-2s.
>
> In the end I took him. This was partly because as
> soon as he started taking
> threshold checks (I was sniping at him from long
> range as he closed, so got
> in enough damage to push him over early) he started
> losing systems very

> Mk

Goofball online!

     The really critical problem for this combat
was the loss of 2 of the 3 Fire Controls as
I reached the most effective range. (I.E.
12 MU)	 The ship was a fast (thrust 6) and
used Pulse Torps, beam 2s and 1s, and 2 screens.
     My ISP decided to go belly up at a critical
time and the game was finished by another person,
who had the unpleasent task of cleaning up the
mess that I had left behind.

     The game really proved two things:
1) That the points system works.
2) He who has the hot dice wins.

It is no dishonor to be defeated by one of the
list 'Old Pros', like Mk.

In the works of Rocky: 'I coulda been a contenda.'

:-)

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: RE: Those darned B1's Next: Re: [FT] MKW FLEET PBEM II: Players Wanted