Prev: Re: Sa'Vaksu poser from Newsgroups (attribution) Next: RE: [FT] Cutter Beam Alternatives

Re: Area effect 'arc-o-death' weapon idea (The Lexx)

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 18:07:43 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Area effect 'arc-o-death' weapon idea (The Lexx)

On Mon 07 Aug, Izenberg, Noam wrote:
> If you want the Lexx main gun emulated in FT, it has to be much more
> powerful, and slower.
> it can destroy entire planets a couple 10's of MU away.
>
> If you want accuracy with the series _and_ playability in FT, it
needs:
> The touch of death - any ship (or other object) that crosses its
movement
> path is destroyed.
> Slow speed: It expands along the F arc, but travels 2" faster than the
speed
> of the firing ship.
> Finite range: 30 MU or 3 turns, whichever comes second.
> Recharge time: unknown - I haven't seen the Lexx fire more than once
in any
> ep. in the series.

In the 4th episode (movie actually) of season 1, the LEXX fires twice
(in
fairly quick succession, <1 min.) at the Gigashadow before giving it up
as a
bad idea :-)

> Probably an aditional avoidance ability: The weapon is a big, 2d
arc.Any
> ship with strong drives should be able to duck under or jump over it.
Ships
> can try to avoid the arc by dedicating all their maneuver to avoiding
the
> arc. A ship trying to avoid must roll its Main Drive or less on a d6.
No
> other movement allowed during the turn.

Probably more sensable than my idea (based on MASS - what was I
thinking!).

> Noam

Charles

--
Sig eaten by hard drive :-(

Prev: Re: Sa'Vaksu poser from Newsgroups (attribution) Next: RE: [FT] Cutter Beam Alternatives