Prev: Re: Sa'Vaksu poser from Newsgroups Next: Re: Area effect 'arc-o-death' weapon idea

Re: Sa'Vaksu poser from Newsgroups

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 11:28:41 -0700
Subject: Re: Sa'Vaksu poser from Newsgroups

>I am glad that my example generated some good discussion on how to
solve
>the problem of grossly overgunned Sa'Vasku.  An idea that I was toying
>with is that a stinger fires as a different beam class depending on the
>power:
>	power	class
>	1	1
>	2	2
>	4	3
>	8	4
>	16	5
>	32	6

Actually, this solution would seem to present the least amount of
difficulty in terms of "not redisigning" the existing S'V ships.
However,
I'd have to take a look to make sure this one doesn't just transfer the
problem to a different arena. A gross number of Class 1 or 2s could also
pose a potential problem.

>BTW; should I be offended at being called a Sa'Vasku poser?  I really
>see myself as a neo-Fisherite: Shoot further, move faster, but remember
>that it isn't a battleship.

;-)

Schoon

Prev: Re: Sa'Vaksu poser from Newsgroups Next: Re: Area effect 'arc-o-death' weapon idea