Prev: FT: MKW 2 Players Wanted Next: Re: Vertical Damage - Radiation

Re: allan's arty

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 21:00:48 -0400
Subject: Re: allan's arty

On Thu, 03 Aug 2000 15:59:13 -0400, "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@bitheads.com>
wrote:

>My answer to you is this: Though I do not use arty much (I prefer
TacAir
>because it can be directed, controlled, and fought by the defender), I
would
>say all off table air strikes or fire missions arrive not at Box 1, but
at
>the Battle Area.

Thanks Tom, Kevin and Brendan. This is what I figured. As I said, the
rules
are actually written contradictory. I went to Andy Cowell's page for the
SG2
errata and this isn't mentioned. It seemed obvious that it was an error
and it
meant the Battle Area, but the problem was slightly compounded when you
read
the rules on direct fire of artillery. You COULD run into people who
argue
artillery hits on box 1, and everything else on the Battle Area.

At any rate, that's how I'd do it in my scenarios. For conventions, I
like to
run with as close to "real" as I can.

Oh, and Tom, I'm running my "Operation: Dust Off" scenario at GenCon
next
week. It involves an evac operation with ontable air support and
anti-air. I
mention it because I'm also going to run it at GZG-ECC. I'll post a
convention
write-up in about 11 days. *S*

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: FT: MKW 2 Players Wanted Next: Re: Vertical Damage - Radiation