Prev: Re: FB2 - Torpedo & P Torp Next: Noisy Cricket

Re: Vertical Damage

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 13:03:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Vertical Damage

> >--and I've come up with two options:
> >a) a cutter beam does 1d6 like a PTorp, but vertically.  If you
> >get to the end of a column with one shot, you do 1 threshold at
> >5+; if you knock out two columns in one shot, you do a 4+
> >threshold, etc.
>
> With the least-damage check at a 5+, it needs to be rather big -
having
> a 50% chance of inflicting a "2nd-row" threshold on, say, a Komarov or
> Yu'Kas each it is *extremely* powerful. If it is taken at a 6+
instead,
> it is merely *very* powerful :-/ Of course, it all depends on what
> range and hit probabilities you're thinking of!

I meant "1 column = threshold as if you did one row", probably wrote 5+
due
to habit (IF ships tend to lose their armor one turn, check at 5+ the
next
turn, then die).

> >b) Roll as Beam dice but also roll 1d6 for location.  1-3 is
> >first track (ie armor, if the ship has it), 4-5 is 2nd, 6 is
> >reroll; reroll 1-3 is 3rd track, 4-5 is 4th track, 6 is 5th track
> >(last hull row for an armored ship).
>
> First, as Beth pointed out - that's three *consecutive* dice to
> evaluate a single weapon's fire. That's as many as in Warhammer :-(

Beam dice (including rerolls) and location die (including reroll).

> Second, what happens if you destroy the entire 4th row without having
> destroyed the upper rows?

Thresholds at 3+

Prev: Re: FB2 - Torpedo & P Torp Next: Noisy Cricket