Prev: RE: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts) Next: Re: FB2 - Torpedo & P Torp

RE: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts)

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 09:30:32 -0700
Subject: RE: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts)

>But that was exactly what you were arguing (quicker threshold checks)
when
>you stated that the vertical damage weapons woud do more to larger
ships.
>You can't argue one and ignore the other. The actual damage (hull)
would be
>the same for large and small ships because the extra damage (beyond the
>bottom hull box) is not applied.

Not really. Perhaps I didn't explain it adequately.

Small ships reach their thresholds quickly - and tend to have fewer
systems
to check against - as a result of their size. These two factors balance.

Large ships reach thresholds slowly - and tend to have more systems to
check against - again as a result of their size. These two factors
balance
as well.

Granted that the chance of any ONE given system going down is the same
for
both, but we're looking at the whole enchelada (so to speak).

If a large ship took many threshold checks, it would be at a
disadvantage.
You would now force it to check "quickly" on its "more systems."

Schoon

Prev: RE: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts) Next: Re: FB2 - Torpedo & P Torp