Prev: Re: Vertical Damage Next: RE: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts)

Re: [FT] A FB/FT3 question

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 18:14:26 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] A FB/FT3 question

McCarthy, Tom wrote:

>In answer to Beth's question regarding arcs, I thought we might allow
>the nova cannon and wave gun to use the current templates, but rather
>than firing them straight forward allow the "line of fire" to be any
ray in >the front arc.

*When* do they choose the "line of fire" - when the fire is declared
(phase 4 according to your "further thoughts" post), or when it is
resolved (phase 8)?

If it is in phase 4, the player needs to write it down - and he'll
probably need a protractor to resolve the fire, too. (Unless of course
the template is placed in phase 4 and moved in phase 8, but in this
case the ship will quite often move through the template it just fired.
Easy to get around, eg. by specifying that the template only hurts if
*it* moves over *you* (instead of the other way around), but the new
rule needs to take this into account.)

If it is in phase 8, the weapon will *always* hit - even missiles or
fighters, given the order of resolution (PB, spinals, missiles,
fighters) you specified.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Vertical Damage Next: RE: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts)