Prev: RE: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts) Next: (FT) Re: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns

Re: [CON] ECC IV - March 2-4, 2001 - Call for participation

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 18:51:09 +0200
Subject: Re: [CON] ECC IV - March 2-4, 2001 - Call for participation

Bell, Brian K wrote:

>I was referring to the way the Torpedo Fighters do damage equal to the
>initial roll if they hit. I guess that I was extrapolating to regular
PTorps
>the same mechanic.

They most definitely don't. P-torps use the FB1 P-torp rule, not any
fighter-related rules.

>I.e. If PTorps hit (use to-hit chart from FB1), they do damage equal
to >the roll. If this is not a correct interpretation, so be it. It
seems silly to >have 2 different mechanics for systems based on the
same weapon.

The "heavy single-shot anti-ship weapons" carried by Torpedo Fighters
aren't necessarily P-torps - indeed, the Torp Fighter descriptions in
both MT and FB2 very carefully do *not* use the term "Pulse Torpedo" to
describe the weapon.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: RE: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts) Next: (FT) Re: Nova Cannons and Wave Guns