Prev: RE: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts) Next: Re: [FT] A FB/FT3 question

RE: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts)

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 08:00:33 -0500
Subject: RE: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts)

***
Why do I keep visualizing the damage templates from the Renegade Legion
games resurrected in Crimson Skies? ;->=

That's the reason I could never get into that system (Renegade Legion),
me
I'm in favour of KISS.
***

I'm a simple guy myself, but have to admit the system gave a real
feeling
of the guts being torn out of something; somehow more appropriate when
applied to big ships rather than Interceptor's fighters or Centurion's
tanks, but compelling nonetheless.

While it's strange to use the phrase when talking sci-fi(sic), it's the
old
debate of playability vs. realism. Genius is trying to get the most
realistic feel with the simplest mechanics.

Special damage patterns for 'spinal' mounts may be teetering on the
edge,
though that complexity was certainly added with armor, and even further
with FBII.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: RE: Vertical Damage (was: [FT] nasty idea for spinal mounts) Next: Re: [FT] A FB/FT3 question