Prev: FTMAP Help Next: Re: NSL vs. KV strategy + tactics

RE: DS2 Multiple weapons in turret questions:

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 08:06:53 -0400
Subject: RE: DS2 Multiple weapons in turret questions:

The rules state "any element may only fore ONE weapon system per combat
action. Multiple mount weapons of the same type and class may count as
one
system for this (e.g. a vehicle with twin MDC/4 barrels in its turret
MAY
fire them both together, but only at the saem target. If it instead had
single MDC/4 and a secondary MDC/2, these would have to be counted as
different weapons and only one or the other could be fired in one Combat
Action." (p18)

So only one could be fired per element. But different elements within a
unit
may choose to fire different weapons. So it can make some since
(HEL/DFFG is
a good combination due to the extra firepower of the DFFG and the range
of
the HEL).

Another problem that I identified was a rule that I have overlooked in
the
past:
"HMT powered vehicles may support HEL or MDC systems up to ONE SIZE
CLASS
LOWER then the vehicle size (eg: maximum of class-3 weapon on class 4
vehicles)." (p10)  The Lt. TD violates this unless it uses FGP.

I think that both of these are easily overlooked when designing forces
for
the first time (or until someone points it out).

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/ds2/
-----

[snip forces]

> Obviously it is in the dual weapons of different systems/sizes that it
> gets unclear to me.  [The size three and four vehicles.]  Do I treat
this
> as firing one OR the other system only per round,  or Do I treat this
as
> two separate attacks (?!?) per round, or do I (assuming both are in
> range) treat this a similar (a variant) to the 'twin turret"	(page
32,
> Multiple Mount Weapons) rule?  If I had to make a 'house rule' right
now
> I would choose to make both weapons fire, rolling an appropriate die
for
> the individual weapon's range (range 50 inches - HKP/5 long range,
HEl/2