Prev: Re: Anti-Kra'Vak Tactics Next: Re: Anti-Kra'Vak Tactics

Re: Anti-Kra'Vak Tactics

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 22:29:20 -0400
Subject: Re: Anti-Kra'Vak Tactics

The Curmudgeon said:
> This one seems to work better, but the granularity problem
tends to make
> them sit in one place.
>
> I'm probably repeating myself above, but I SO love finally
hearing the
> attention to tactical manuevering as opposed to simply
comparing numbers,
> though I gather that manuvering repercusions of numbers are
clear to all be
> moi. *sigh*

Well, tactical maneuvering is a little different in vector than
in cinematic, but now that I'm a Cinematic Expert...(having
played, um, four games now?)...Cinematic looks as if it should be
amenable to fighter-style maneuvering for the ships.  This
assumes fairly high speeds--ie Oerjan-level--so your flight speed
is significant in comparison to your weapons range.  The
difficulty I keep tripping over in designing maneuvers (more
accurately, importing maneuvers from fighter combat) is that ship
weapons can have a much wider arc than fighter guns, and
maneuvering (eg crossing right-to-left) doesn't make you any
harder to hit than just sitting still (assuming you're in arc).

Prev: Re: Anti-Kra'Vak Tactics Next: Re: Anti-Kra'Vak Tactics