Prev: Re: Machine People Next: Re: Anti-Kra'Vak Tactics

Anti-Kra'Vak Tactics

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 14:30:05 -0700
Subject: Anti-Kra'Vak Tactics

Hi All,

Just a little lesson I learned from fighting the Kra'Vak the other day,
that could be turned into a few tactics. Those who've tried these can
let
me know if I'm on the right track.

Stutter-Step: I found that a slower approach speed, while skirting to
one
side or the other, helped keep the range open for the first part of the
battle. This allows humans to take advantage of Class 3s' (and possibly
Class 2s' if you're feeling lucky) range advantage. Before the end of
the
approach, however, you'll need to boost your speed to avoid those K-Gun
arcs. Try to arrange it to go from about range 18-24 MU to abeam or past
them in one turn. This allows you a passing shot with the arc-advantaged
beam batteries, with only his Class 1 K-Guns returning fire.

Turn to Burn: The Kra'Vak will win this game every time, so don't even
try
it. The main objective has got to be keeping them out of your rear arc.
If
you've got decent turning ablilty (at least MD6) then keep your speed
high
and occasionally reverse your turn when he overturns to cut the cord. If
you don't have decent turning ability (Hi there NSL), then cut your
speed
down and hope that he overshoots you. Either way, it's only going to be
your multi-arced weapons that will score hits while you try to avoid his
big K-Guns.

Squadrons: As I see it, you have two choices here: concentration or
dispersion. The first only works in very select circumstances, so I'd
say
that it's not generally a good idea. Dispersion seems to work using a
"wingman" concept. Use two or three squadrons and position them so he
can't
get into a rear arc without taking some withering fire from the other
element. I'm guessing a little bit on this one. If you know better,
please
let me know!

Schoon

Prev: Re: Machine People Next: Re: Anti-Kra'Vak Tactics