Prev: Re: [CON] ECC IV - winter time? Next: Re: Looking for WW2/Wet Navy Full Thrust rules

Re: Looking for WW2/Wet Navy Full Thrust rules

From: agoodall@c...
Date: 28 Jul 2000 12:49:19 -0700
Subject: Re: Looking for WW2/Wet Navy Full Thrust rules

On Fri, 28 July 2000, aebrain@dynamite.com.au wrote:

> IMHO they'd be perfect for this Pre-Dreadnaught period. Even the sizes
of the
> ships are right. As are the relative powers of the armaments.

It worked out surprisingly well, but with a few mods. For one thing, I
shrunk the range bands to 6". The number of range bands for a gun is
equal to the gun size in inches divided by two (rounded up). So 12" guns
have 6 range bands, for a total range of 36". 8" guns have 4 range
bands.

There are some other things I altered. I have modifiers for certain
things, like the second and third ships firing at the same target. I
changed a roll of 6 to doing only 1 point of damage, but still allows a
reroll.

Actually, there is a whole TON of stuff in my rules. Armour for gun
mounts, fire criticals, flooding, optional ammunition usage. Lots of
stuff. But the rules are still pretty straightforward, and there isn't a
huge variation in weapon types.

Allan Goodall - agoodall@canada.com

Prev: Re: [CON] ECC IV - winter time? Next: Re: Looking for WW2/Wet Navy Full Thrust rules