Prev: RE: FT Chat room open NOW)00:22) GMT Next: Re: [CON] ECC IV - winter time?

Battlestar Fighter Squadrons

From: "Bryn Monnery" <sue.monnery@v...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 20:18:46 +0100
Subject: Battlestar Fighter Squadrons

> > I caught the episode "The Hand of God" yesterday, where Galactica
> took on a Cylon base star. From the episode the Galactica has no
> missile armament, a large number of PDAF/ class-3's, and several much
> larger forward guns. The Galactica carries 2 squadrons (Red and Blue),
> with a 3rd Squadron (Silver) <
>
> That's "Silver Spar" Squadron -- don't ask me why. There is also
> (circumstantial) reason to believe that the Galactica has a further
two
> squadrons (Yellow and Green); we just never hear about them.

I thought it was "Silver Spar", but thought it made no sense, "Silver
Star"
seemed more appropriate, so I just left it. During one of the early
episodes
(the 3rd one) Apollo and Starbuck attack a Basestar on their own as
various
colours that they make up. Personally, I don't think there is any
coherency
in the numbers of Vipers the Galactica carries, it appears to be around
score from most episodes, but occassionally skyrockets.

> > Do we have a good feel for how large a BG squadron is? I had the
> feeling they were as large as two or three FT squadrons. <

I've seen a squadron formed up several times (i.e. they kept using the
same
footage). It looks like 4 vigs of 3, which, worryingly, is dumb British
early WW2 tactics.

Basically, I just think that a squadron was whatever the scriptwriter of
the
week wanted it to be. Just don't get me started on B5 ship numbers (240
Omegas? Right.....)

Bryn

Prev: RE: FT Chat room open NOW)00:22) GMT Next: Re: [CON] ECC IV - winter time?