Prev: RE: Mike's Fight For The Cheese Next: Re: Mike's Fight For The Cheese

[FT] Noble Armada ships Re: [OT] Twilight Armada Miniatures

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:22:16 -0500
Subject: [FT] Noble Armada ships Re: [OT] Twilight Armada Miniatures

Mark sez:
***
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but if you can find it cheap,
the
ships
from the Fading Suns: Noble Armada set aren't bad.  It comes with 16
ships
(two
each of eight different types).  They're roughly comparable in size to a
frigate
or destroyer-sized ship for FT, and have quite a bit of variety to their
styles.  I personally use them as merchant ships and/or system defense
cruisers.  The boxed set retails for $50, but if you can find it
cheaper,
it's
worth it (got mine in a closeout sale for $20)
***

Has been mentioned before, but we'll forgive you. ;->=

Similar in construction and material to the Silent Death Deluxe
plastics,
though the SDD box I picked up for about $12 with 48 figs was a better
deal. *heh heh*

In case you've never seen the above, a silver-grey, hard (#6 PS?)
plastic
on sprues.

With any luck, we'll be seeing these in enlarged soft plastic from
Chinese
knock-off factories soon as well.

Several of the Noble Armada (I keep spelling it NOBEL...) are
snap-together, with some of the pieces possibly usable separately. More
of
the ships look FT scale than the Silent Death ships, but some are
b**t-ugly. The boxy transport is hideous to these eyes.

A Noble Armada add-on of metal ships(6?) was released. I bought it in a
bargain bin, and glad for it. One of the big guys, cruiser?, was made of
metal slabs that were supposed to slide together to form a box-shaped
hull,
though the pretzled pieces defeated my attempts to straighten out enough
put together. Bad dog designs strikes again? ;->=

I'll try to remember to pack some of the samples, given to a friend who
was
supposed to demo the game, from a previous GenCon to the one coming up.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: RE: Mike's Fight For The Cheese Next: Re: Mike's Fight For The Cheese