Prev: I Am Vindicated (or, How I am Learning to Love the Kra'vak!) Next: RE: Machine People

Re: GZG-ECC IV Event

From: Brian Bell <bkb@b...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 22:02:24 -0400
Subject: Re: GZG-ECC IV Event

So now its a tradition.

First you run the BYOF FT game last year that I bring my Cheese Fleet to

and now this!

I may have to break down and buy some SG figures now. Let's see... I
will
take 4 grunts, 3 Sergants, 2 Captians, and a General. 10 soldiers = 10
points. But I can give each grunt 8 actions per turn! You may want to
figure costs for Superiors (Leaders? I don't have my SG book handy to
get
the correct term) that can reactivate units additional cost based on
level.
Now I get to play SG about once per year, so I may have missed
something,
but it may need some additional balancing.

;-)

At 16:42 2000-07-27 -0400, you wrote:
>     Well, it looks like I'm not the first guy to offer and event
>description for a game he's intending to run at GZG-ECC IV.  In
addition
>to my Pod Racing scenario, I'm thinking of running the following game.
>I'd like to know who is interested in participating and in which slot
>you'd like to see it run?  Thanks.
>
>-Mike
>
>Stargrunt II
>Carnage con Queso (aka The Cheese Game)
>     This is a "bring your own squad" (BYOS) event.  A number of
nations
>have sent their peacekeeping forces to the war torn planet of Fromage
>III.  The planet's ruling family, the Limburgers, doesn't like to have
>their sovereignty violated, and calls home their entire navy to
blockade
>the planet and starve the peacekeepers into compliance.
>     One brave soul, Captain Monterey "Jack" Colby, attempts to run the
>blockade and manages to drop several containers of cheese product to
the
>starving peacekeepers.  But now, the peacekeepers must fight each other
>while they locate and secure the newly dropped supplies.
>     Each container of cheese has a certain point value associated with
>it.  Whoever controls the containers with highest total number of
points
>will be declared the Queso King and immediately crowned as such.
Others
>top finishers will earn noble titles, such as: Duke of Jarlsberg,
Prince
>of Parmesan, or Count of Cottage.  The rest of the players will be
>inducted into the Military Order of the Coeur de Chevre.
>     Squads may be made up of any combination of troops or vehicles, as
>long as in total they do not exceed 10 capacity points.  Each regular
>trooper counts as 1 capacity point.  PA counts as 2 capacity points.  A
>support weapon counts as 1 capacity point.  A Size 1 vehicle counts as
5
>capacity points.  There is no additional cost for the crew of a
>vehicle.  Vehicles are assumed to have a commander and a driver, plus
>one gunner for each weapon, over and above the "free" APSW.  To
equalize
>the relative power of the individual squads, the GM will pass out a
>number of cards to some players that may be played at various times
>during the game that will have various in-game effects.  Players must
>provide their own miniatures and squad data cards.
>
>--
>Michael Sarno
>
>To see a World in a grain of sand,
>And a Heaven in a wild flower,
>Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
>And Eternity in an hour.
>  -William Blake
>
>http://www.pantheism.net/

---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
ICQ: 12848051
AIM: Rlyehable
---

Prev: I Am Vindicated (or, How I am Learning to Love the Kra'vak!) Next: RE: Machine People