Prev: FT Chat room open NOW)00:22) GMT Next: Re: Looking for WW2/Wet Navy Full Thrust rules

Re: Paint Removal

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:44:26 -0400
Subject: Re: Paint Removal

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000 07:12:27 -0700 (PDT), John Fox <jfox@verity.com>
wrote:

>  Attempted to paint a Kra'Vak a lime green with a black undercoat.
Came out
>looking like crap.  How do I get the dried paint off without hurting
the metal?

I've used two things.

I used actual paint remover from Home Depot. The stuff was probably
heavy on
the acetone. It ate through the (obviously) wrong type of rubber gloves
I was
using and was very tough on my skin.

The second time, I used Pine-Sol. It was far cheaper, didn't really hurt
the
skin (didn't even use gloves) and left the kitchen smelling fresh. *L*

Depends on what you're after, I suppose. The Pine-Sol I actually left
the
figures in the "bath" for a couple of days and the paint came off
without a
problem and the minis weren't hurt at all. The paint remover worked
almost
immediately.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: FT Chat room open NOW)00:22) GMT Next: Re: Looking for WW2/Wet Navy Full Thrust rules