Prev: Re: UNSC in Full Thrust Next: Re: LLAR Website

GZG-ECC IV Event

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:42:00 -0400
Subject: GZG-ECC IV Event

    Well, it looks like I'm not the first guy to offer and event
description for a game he's intending to run at GZG-ECC IV.  In addition
to my Pod Racing scenario, I'm thinking of running the following game.
I'd like to know who is interested in participating and in which slot
you'd like to see it run?  Thanks.

-Mike

Stargrunt II
Carnage con Queso (aka The Cheese Game)
    This is a "bring your own squad" (BYOS) event.  A number of nations
have sent their peacekeeping forces to the war torn planet of Fromage
III.  The planet's ruling family, the Limburgers, doesn't like to have
their sovereignty violated, and calls home their entire navy to blockade
the planet and starve the peacekeepers into compliance.
    One brave soul, Captain Monterey "Jack" Colby, attempts to run the
blockade and manages to drop several containers of cheese product to the
starving peacekeepers.	But now, the peacekeepers must fight each other
while they locate and secure the newly dropped supplies.
    Each container of cheese has a certain point value associated with
it.  Whoever controls the containers with highest total number of points
will be declared the Queso King and immediately crowned as such.  Others
top finishers will earn noble titles, such as: Duke of Jarlsberg, Prince
of Parmesan, or Count of Cottage.  The rest of the players will be
inducted into the Military Order of the Coeur de Chevre.
    Squads may be made up of any combination of troops or vehicles, as
long as in total they do not exceed 10 capacity points.  Each regular
trooper counts as 1 capacity point.  PA counts as 2 capacity points.  A
support weapon counts as 1 capacity point.  A Size 1 vehicle counts as 5
capacity points.  There is no additional cost for the crew of a
vehicle.  Vehicles are assumed to have a commander and a driver, plus
one gunner for each weapon, over and above the "free" APSW.  To equalize
the relative power of the individual squads, the GM will pass out a
number of cards to some players that may be played at various times
during the game that will have various in-game effects.  Players must
provide their own miniatures and squad data cards.

--
Michael Sarno

To see a World in a grain of sand,
And a Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand,
And Eternity in an hour.
 -William Blake

http://www.pantheism.net/

Prev: Re: UNSC in Full Thrust Next: Re: LLAR Website