Prev: Re: LLAR Website Next: Re: [EBAY] Silent Death ships for sale

Andrew's ships

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:43:33 -0400
Subject: Andrew's ships

Hi

Tom M showed me these ships I believe Andrew has devised. Wow. Some
are... a
bit overdone... but they are certainly all food for thought. An
interesting
cross-genre excercise, though I'd be curious to see him bring a Borg
Cube
(my estimate on size would be something on the order of would be a cube
about 8" on a side....) to an FT game. I'm actually thinking a
multi-stage/sector base design might be more appropriate since the cube
is
so large it probably merits segmentation.

I just wanted to bring up two comments out:

Shouldn't the Red Dwarf have some fighters? They had Starbugs which are
armed. Maybe 1 squadron?

I also noted the absence of one of the more interesting looking ships of
SF:
The Liberator from Blake 7. I couldn't begin to suggest stats for it
(been a
while since I've seen the show on PBS) but I'm sure some of the Brits on
our
list might have some insights. I have the Corgi mini of it somewhere...
IIRC
it looks like it would be about mass 60-80 range (though not having it
hand, I'm making a bit of a WAG).

Lastly, (unrelated), Congrats to Schoon on doing so well at SNCO
Academy.
It's the senior NCMs that make any armed force function. Here's a
virtual
textbook salute!

Thomas R. S. Barclay
Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

Q:  If Brian Kernighan had joined the Royal Navy,
what position would they have given him?
A: First 'C' Lord.

Prev: Re: LLAR Website Next: Re: [EBAY] Silent Death ships for sale