Prev: Re: [OT] RE: Actual Warp Drive Theory Next: Re: [FT] Enhanced weapons

Re: Actual Warp Drive Theory (was Re: Light may break its own speedlimit) [OT]

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 19:02:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Actual Warp Drive Theory (was Re: Light may break its own speedlimit) [OT]

"Bell, Brian K" wrote:
> I have heard photons described as "free electrons". Has physics
predicted an
> anti-photon? If so, since light is energy (or at least energy
expressed),
> what is the result of a photon/anti-photon collision? Nothing
(annihilation
> without side-effect), Non-EM radiation? Matter? Other?

	I'm not a physicist (I only play one on the Internet) but
	as far as I know, there ain't no such beast as an "anti-photon."

	A particle and its anti-particle annihilate each other because
	a particle's quantum mechanical "glue" is the solvent for the
	glue of its anti-particle.

	So the two particles turn into energy.

Prev: Re: [OT] RE: Actual Warp Drive Theory Next: Re: [FT] Enhanced weapons