Prev: Re: LLAR Website Next: Re: Rounding for mass on engines

Re: [FT] What would you make this cost

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 21:12:47 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] What would you make this cost

Tom McCarthy wrote::

>I'm thinking about a vapour shroud variant to simulate a cloaking
>device.
>
>The cloaking device might be:
>
>MASS: 5% of ship's MASS
>Cost: Ship's MASS ?
>When active, owner cannot fire any weapons or launch or recover
>fighters, or have other screens active.

I assume "weapons" include point defence here, just as it does for the
vapour shrouds?

>For fighters or missiles to attack the owner, they must be within 2
units >at the end of ship movement.  For a ship to target the owner,
the ship >must successfully scan the ship (roll 5 or 6 on D6 or get 2
"hits" from a >3D6 "attack" on a doubly screened target (close to
equivalent)), then >treats the target as singly-screened.

Questions:

2 "hits" - is that "2 dice which inflict damage" or "2 damage points",
or something else?

What happens if you get *more* than 2 "hits"? (I guess that you intend
this to count as a "success" as well, but that's not what the above
rule says.)

Does Enhanced or Superior Sensors help defeat this system?

How many targets can a single enemy ship roll for to see if it may
shoot at them? (Ie., if it fails the check against one particular
target, can it try
to target another one before it allocates weapons to the one(s) it can
attack?)

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: LLAR Website Next: Re: Rounding for mass on engines