Prev: Re: Queries on images Re: LLAR Website Next: Re: Re:Salvo Missile Varients

Re: LLAR Website

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 09:37:26 +0200
Subject: Re: LLAR Website

> > The League of Latin American Republics (LLAR) now has a website on:
> >
> > http://home.t-online.de/home/kh.ranitzsch/lira/main.html
> >
>  The only thing I see that might need revision is on the coat of
> arms:
>
>  a)  The field (background) ought to be black, or in any event a color
other
> than white, to avoid having a metal (gold) on metal (silver).
Heraldric
> colors (European) are red, green, blue, purple, black.
>
> b) the quetzal's tail ought not to be in front of the arms, and it
should
> probably be in a more active position (eg, displayed).
>
> c) the shield should be supported by the condor and jaguar--they
shouldn't
> be just standing there.

Yes, I am quite aware of the rules of heraldry. Still:

a) existing Latin American coat-of-arms do not adhere too closely to the
rules of heraldry
b) for the grafics,  I have used what I could get my ands on. Condor and
Jaguar shieldbearers were not in my clip art catalogues ;-)

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: Queries on images Re: LLAR Website Next: Re: Re:Salvo Missile Varients