Prev: RE: Yamato kits Next: [OT] Star Fleet Battles Miniatures

Re: Salvo Missile Varients

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 21:12:09 +0100
Subject: Re: Salvo Missile Varients

[snip what I said before]

> Interceptor Salvo Missiles
>
> I'm sure someone did a missile-based, one-shot PDS system (2 variants
-
> Rapier and Patriot) - but I can't find the web site again :-( any
ideas?

> Anyway, my idea is for a variant of interceptor that is launched from
> SMR/SML - either as a close in area defence system (launch in response
> to an attack - in PDS phase), or as a long range 'proactive' area
> defence system (launched during Missile phase) - in both cases, the
> individual missiles in the salvo each have multiple submunitions that
> hunt down and kill other missiles or fighters (maybe even Plasma
Bolts).
> But I can't come up with any mechanics I like :-(

Well, I finally found the URL of the Rapier and Patriot point defence
missile systems (and a few other gizmos as well) - of course, it was
right under my nose!

http://www.bifrost.demon.co.uk/Gaming/FullThrust/NewRules.html

All this stuff is pre-FB.

Charles

--

Prev: RE: Yamato kits Next: [OT] Star Fleet Battles Miniatures