Prev: small Yamato kits in UK Next: Re: [FT] Scenario for review

Re: [FT] was Scenario for Review, now Escorting

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 12:49:32 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] was Scenario for Review, now Escorting

> My worry is that with a net reduction, you could build pairs of ships,
> one with shields, and one without.  Then have the shielded ship escort
> the unshielded one.  Attacks the the shielded ship are as normal.
> Attacks on the un shielded ship end up doing net damage equal to about
> level 0.5 shields.  So its the better target, but you get a net
> increase in mass available for weapons with no loss.	Or you're
> getting level 0.5 shields for free.  Thats what worries me.

Suggestions:
a) The escortee can't shoot at any target in the escort's arc.
b) Compare the escortee's size to the escort.  Split the dice before
rolling
to reflect the ratio, or determine a ratio and roll a die to decide
where it
hits.  When in doubt, hit the escort.  Eg: 20 mass FF escorts 100 mass
merchant.  Attack by 7d of beams and 1 PTorp.  FF eats 2 beam dice and
catches the torp if 1d6 results in a 6.

> I think doing not more damage is acceptable, as the civi ship takes
> less damage than it should, and the military ship ends up taking less
> damage than if it was targeted directly.  I just worry that if there
> isn't a down-side to this escorting, military ships will do it to each
> other, and not just to merchants in a time of need.
>
> -=- Matthew L. Seidl email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu		   =-=
> =-= Graduate Student Project . . . What Project?     -=-
> -=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html	   -Morrow
Quotes
=-=
> =-=
idl/lawsuit				  -=-

Prev: small Yamato kits in UK Next: Re: [FT] Scenario for review