Prev: Re: Yamato kits Next: Re: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

Re: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

From: Kevin Walker <sage@b...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 22:24:15 -0500
Subject: Re: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

on 7/17/00 19:32, Corey Burger at burgundavia@crosswinds.net wrote:

> 1. Again, keep the optimum range

True.  Always a good tactic with any fleet when optimum range means
where
your better at dealing damage than the enemy is.  ;-)

> 2. Spread your fleet out, so that the one PH bolt cannot hit more than
one
> ship

At times this may be true but remember that closer together means ships
may
be able to cover each other.  Spreading out makes it easier it more
likely
that something gets hit but the hits cause less total damage.  If a
fleet is
tighter in formation with escorts (or their equivalent) nearby the PB
armed
fleet probably needs to throw the PBs a bit denser or the defensive fire
eats them up.  Remember fighters that move (using either of primary or
secondary movement to get there as well as non dog-fighting CAP I'd
susper)
as well as any ship that's in the area of effect can fire at the PSB.

> 3. Maybe running the four identical cruisers was  a good thing, but I
will
> have to try this.
> 4. SV have no staying power, and once you start killing them, they
cannot
> stick  around cause all their good weapons use biomass

I have to disagree with you on part of this one, respectfully of course
;-]
The Stingers I feel are the primary SV weapon with great range (if
enough
energy is around) and incredible fire power potential at closer range -
as
well as great arcs when you consider that any functioning stinger can
potentially channel all the A energy if firing at a single target.  I
agree
with you on the staying power issue - as they loose biomass they
potentially
loose PGs, resulting in less energy, making it a tough choice on whether
spend some of the remaining energy on repairing those PG(s) or combat
systems if their still in the thick of combat.

> What do you think?

Well...you got my comments.  I hope their helpful.

Kevin Walker
sage@bresnanlink.net

Prev: Re: Yamato kits Next: Re: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")