Prev: RE: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku") Next: RE: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

RE: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

From: "Sindre Cools Berg" <cobos@s...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:43:47 +0300
Subject: RE: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

Sa'vasku,
> >>particularly when playing Kra'vak.
>
> The SV are too powerful vs the KV. You're not being too whiny,
> the play-testing
> was inadequate.
>
> I speak as one of the play-testers.
>
> All I can say is that there was a shipload of playtesting, but
> this didn't come
> out.
>
> OK, so what is the solution? Things currently being tried are:
>
> a) Spicules come from the Defensive energy allocation pile. (Good
> as far as
> it goes, but not enough)
> b) Cost of Stinger fire increased by 1 pt per die ( so at range
> 36" it costs
> 4+1 = 5, at 12" it is 1+1 = 2) *OR*
> c) Range brackets for Stingers decreased to 8" or even 6"
> instread of 12". So
> it costs 1 pt at 6, 2 at 12, 4 at 18 etc.

After being thouroughly trashed by the Savasku a few times I've learned
that
you HAVE to make them use their power for manouvering to be able to
survive.... But another thing I find really bad with the Savasku is the
fact
that they can still dish out immense amounts of damage after taking a
few
hits in ANY arc. They can still put 40beam dice in their rear arc, and
mostly all the Savasku ships have enough stingers to mean the only real
"damage" you do to Savasku is the PowerGen, as they've got enough
redundency
to punch darn hard even after losing almost every stinger...And they are
effectively never out of arc, which again means forcing them to manouver
is
darn hard... Though this might be because of the "low" (at least
compared to
Ørjan) speeds we normally use (10-15ish).

Just thought I'd add my own problems with the Savasku, though I must
condition it with the fact that I've only played like 3 battles against
them...

Sindre