Prev: Re: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku") Next: Re: Can't find FB2 in my area

Re: FT at Origins, or lack of

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 19:51:00 -0500
Subject: Re: FT at Origins, or lack of

***
KR, I noticed that there were far more historical games in the pre-reg
book
for Origins than at GenCon, though there were far less non-historical
miniatures games. Is this a trend you noticed? I'm just curious, as
GenCon's
mini events seem to be dwindling, too...
***

I wouldn't dare speak for KR, but Origins has always been considered
historical, board oriented, and GenCon fantasy/RPG. That said, both have
fallen to card by bunch.

I have been noticing a fair selling out of even the vaunted Poke-crack.
No
telling what'll be the next flavor-of-the-month. However, times of flux
are
always times of opportunity.

You can be your local Evil Empire (tm) affeccianados(sp?) will be trying
recruit the disillusioned young masses. (Yes, I know, plenty of WHFB and
40K players on the list; I've a few armies myself. ;->= )

Still, I may crank a little courage to try some FT on impressionable
minds.

FWIW: GenCon locations for mini games has been abysmal the last few
years.
This is supposed to be the year they make up for past sins.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

PS. Mike- I enjoyed seeing again the Bill Gates bit from The Onion.
Don't
stop sharing; just make sure you include some of your valuble
game-related
ideas! ;->=

PPS. I recall the shock, after seeing The Onion on the web for months,
going to GenCon and seeing actually hard copy for free in doorside
stands
in cafes and the like. I assumed it was a web creation. DOPEY MOI!

Prev: Re: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku") Next: Re: Can't find FB2 in my area