Prev: RE: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku") Next: Re: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

Re: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

From: Mark Reindl <mreindl@p...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:17:15 -0700
Subject: Re: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

"Bell, Brian K" wrote:

> One strategy that seems like it would work would be to use the
superior
> maneuverability to keep the range at about 25-30tu. At these ranges
you
> should out-gun your opponents. Granted, I think that this would be
easier in
> vector, since you don't have to be moving toward your opponent to use
your
> forward facing K-Guns.

If I didn't mention it, we play cinematic.  I thought that'd be a viable
tactic
also, although it's difficult to do, particularly if the playing surface
is
somewhat limited.  Still, that was one of the things that I did that
seemed to
work well against the humans, but the abilities of the Sa'vasku (such as
having
weapons that have the capacity to outrange anything else, and being just
as
maneuverable as the KV) nullify that tactic rather easily.

Mark

> -----
> Brian Bell
> bkb@beol.net