Prev: Re:Salvo Missile Varients Next: Bill Gates Grants Self 18 Dexterity, 20 Charisma

Re: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

From: BDShatswell@a...
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 15:10:10 EDT
Subject: Re: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

Hello Mark, listers,

I played a Kra'Vak v. ESU game right after buying FB2.	Without screens
or
their old armored hulls (a la MT), the new KV are vulnerable to the
beamish
weapons of the Hu'Mans.  Maintaining that glory zone range as Mr. Bell
suggested is of utmost import.	My battle was a 1500-point cinematic
game,
and I got closer than I wanted to get.	The victory points were so close
that
we agreed to call the outcome a draw.  The best advice I can give to you
and
myself is practice maneuvering to maintain the range where you have arms

advantage.

I have not dealt with the SV yet.  <cringe>

Bill

In a message dated 7/17/00 12:39:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
mreindl@pacbell.net writes:

> So, what I'd like to know is:  Have any of you who have more
experience
>  with one or both of these alien fleets seen the same thing, or am
just
>  being whiny?  And second, if I am being whiny, what sort of tactics
can
>  you suggest for playing the Kra'vak effectively without having to
rely
>  too much on fighters, and/or countering the advantages of the
Sa'vasku,