Prev: Re: [FT] New spaceship pictures Next: Full Thrust/Roleplaying interface

RE: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:07:09 -0400
Subject: RE: FB2 Fleets (or "How I Learned to Hate the Savasku")

Preface: I have not had the chance to play Kra'Vak very much yet so
take my opionions with a grain of salt.

KV have 2 big advantages over human fleets:
  1) Maneuverability.
  2) Range for even small guns.

One strategy that seems like it would work would be to use the superior
maneuverability to keep the range at about 25-30tu. At these ranges you
should out-gun your opponents. Granted, I think that this would be
easier in
vector, since you don't have to be moving toward your opponent to use
your
forward facing K-Guns.

-----
Brian Bell