Prev: Re: [FT] "Killing" fighters and pilots Next: Re: OT: Re: Titan A.E.

Re: 1/300 Scale Ogres, oh my.

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 02:25:01 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: 1/300 Scale Ogres, oh my.

<nezach@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Ok, given SJG's track record with miniatures games (Anyone remember
Hot
> >Lead?) I should be skeptical. But they put up a web page for their
new
> >miniatures division... http://www.sjgames.com/miniatures/
>
> The Armourcast folks (or is that Armorcast? *S*) are announcing that
they
> will release a 1/48 scale GEV at GenCon. That's right, 1/48 scale, or
> roughly 25mm.

That sounds about the size of the ones SJ ran in his ogre game at
dragon con.  The Ogres were designed to come apart as you blew parts
off.  Really cool, played on the floor.  Unfortunately the non-ogre
players had no clue and didn't decide to shoot tread until the ogres
were a short move away from the objective.

Roger

Prev: Re: [FT] "Killing" fighters and pilots Next: Re: OT: Re: Titan A.E.