Prev: Re: [FT] New spaceship pictures. Next: Re: [FT] New spaceship pictures.

Re: [FT] New spaceship pictures.

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 10:52:57 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] New spaceship pictures.

>Very nice pictures. You wrote that you 'scanned the ships'. Could you
>give some technical details ?	How did you get such good close-ups ?

Late last night, I went and added all of the technical details to my
main
gallery page -- http://www.geocities.com/johnxcrim , down at the very
bottom of the page.  With the ships, I had to use putty to attach them
something (usually a paperback copy of Steven King's _It_) that would
hold
them at an angle relative to the scanner bed.  For the top down views,
it
was a black calculator, which was positioned so that the miniature was
suspended just a little bit above the bed.  It took a while to get it
right
the first time, but after that it was pretty easy.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: [FT] New spaceship pictures. Next: Re: [FT] New spaceship pictures.